Tax File Number (TFN)

In order to work legally in Australia you will need to apply for a Tax File Number (TFN).

Your TFN will be yours for the rest of your life. If you leave Australia and come back at any other time, you can still use your TFN. This is a unique number that will be yours forever.

TFN's are issued by the Australian Taxation Office (ATO).

You can apply for your TFN yourself through the website of the ATO (, or we can help you with that. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us through our contactform.